The tours include performances as well as complementary engagement activities designed to create greater understanding or connections between artists, audiences, and communities.
Two or more located in the mid-Atlantic region who partner to present the same artist/company during the project period can each receive up to 50% subsidy for that artist/company’s compensation plus support for other eligible project expenses. Projects that demonstrate clear mission impact, strong artistry, well-rounded community and artist engagements, and thoughtful and inclusive efforts to engage audiences systemically underserved by the arts are encouraged to apply.
Grant support range: Engagement support of up to 50% of artists fees. Maximum of $10,000. Other eligible expenses of up to $2,000 to support direct project expenses.
Eligibility and Schedule
To be eligible for an ArtsCONNECT grant award, presenters must:
- Be based in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Virginia, West Virginia, and the Native nations that share this geography;
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a unit of state or local government or Federally recognized Indian tribal government;
- Demonstrate organizational administrative capacity to complete all required project components;
- Be in good standing with Mid Atlantic Arts at the time of application, with no overdue or outstanding required reports and/or grant documents
Review full program guidelines for more details on program structure and eligibility.
- September 26, 2023: ArtsCONNECT guidelines available
- November 13, 2023: ArtsCONNECT application opens
- November 16, 2023: ArtsCONNECT presenter webinar
- January 31, 2024, 10:00-11:30am ET: ArtsCONNECT Presenter Pitch Session | Webinar Registration – Zoom
- February 15, 2024: ArtsCONNECT Projects in Development closes
- March 7, 2024: ArtsCONNECT application closes
Guidelines and Application
The ArtsCONNECT 2024-2025 guidelines can be found below.
Note: The preview ArtsCONNECT narrative questions below are for reference only. Applicants must apply for ArtsCONNECT through Mid Atlantic Arts’ SmartSimple platform.
Guidelines, Application, and Webinar
Projects In Development
The Projects in Development listing is a user-generated information hub that includes consortia projects currently in development for ArtsCONNECT. Presenter participation in the Projects in Development listing is required: one presenter in a consortium must submit the project to the listing.
Planning to apply for ArtsCONNECT in 2024-2025? Submit to the projects in development listing today at this link.