Presenters select from a curated roster of artists that changes annually but maintains a programmatic commitment to a diversity of performance genres, regional artist representation, and engaging with communities underserved by the arts. Presenters work directly with agents and eligible organizations receive support for their project.
Presenters located in the mid-Atlantic region who engage a Mid Atlantic Tours Roster Artist during the project period receive up to 50% subsidy for the Roster Artist’s compensation as well as presenter capacity support. Presenters work directly with the Roster Artist’s Tour Manager to negotiate terms, including engagement dates and compensation. Once terms are confirmed between Presenter and Tour Manager, the Presenter completes a short application to Mid Atlantic Arts.
Grant support range: Engagement support of up to 50% of artists fees. Minimum of $1,000. Other eligible expenses of up to $2,000 to support direct project expenses.
Eligibility and Schedule
To be eligible for a Mid Atlantic Tours grant award, Presenters must:
- be based in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Virginia, West Virginia, and the Native nations that share this geography;
- be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a unit of state or local government or Federally-recognized Indian tribal government;
- demonstrate organizational administrative capacity to complete all required project components in collaboration with the Roster Artist and their Tour Manager;
- be in good standing with Mid Atlantic Arts at the time of application, with no overdue or outstanding required reports and/or grant documents
Review full program guidelines for more details on program structure and eligibility
- December 7, 2023, 11:00am-12:00pm: Presenter Informational Webinar. View webinar recording at this link.
- December 18, 2023, 2:00-3:30pm: Roster Artist Share. View Roster Artist Share recording at this link.
- March 28, 2024: Booking deadline for mid-Atlantic region presenters to contract Mid Atlantic Tours artists
- July 1, 2024-June 30, 2025: Project period for Mid Atlantic Tours subsidy awards to presenters (presentations of Mid Atlantic Tours Roster Artists must take place during this period)
The FY25 Mid Atlantic Tours selection process is complete. If you are an artist/company interested in being considered for the FY26 program, please subscribe to our newsletter for details on the next application cycle. Find more details of the selection process for the FY25 cycle below.
Guidelines and Application
Download the Mid Atlantic Tours presenter guidelines below.
The Mid Atlantic Tours application will be available to presenters recommended by Tour Managers for funding in Spring 2024. Make sure to submit a letter of agreement to the Tour Manager of the Artist/Company you wish to book by no later than March 28, 2024 to receive instructions on the application process.
Guidelines and Webinar Recording
Explore the 2023-2024 Mid Atlantic Tours engagements.
2024-2025 Artist Roster
Discipline: Music | Genre: Latin/ Family
Tour Manager: Sarah Saltwick | firstname.lastname@example.org
Discipline: Folk | Genre: Folk- Storytelling
Tour Manager: Angie Flook | email@example.com
Discipline: Theater | Genre: Puppetry
Tour Manager: Sarah Olmsted Thomas | firstname.lastname@example.org
Discipline: Theater | Genre: Drama
Tour Manager: Debra Ann Byrd| email@example.com
Discipline: Folk | Genre: Music
Tour Manager: Lars Swanson | firstname.lastname@example.org
Discipline: Music | Genre: Plena/ Bomba/ Son
Tour Manager: David Gaar | email@example.com
Full Roster Information Packet
Roster Artist Interest Form
The Mid Atlantic Tours Roster Artist Interest Form is now closed. If you are interested in being considered for a future Mid Atlantic Tours roster or have any questions about the program, please email Program Director, Performing Arts Sarah Lewitus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performing artists based in Mid Atlantic Arts’ geographic region working in dance, folk and traditional performing arts, multidisciplinary performance, music, puppetry, or theater may submit the Roster Artist Interest Form to be considered for the Mid Atlantic Tours roster.
Review the 2023-2024 Roster Artist Interest Form Overview below for full eligibility and more information about the program. *For information purposes only – the 2023-2024 Roster Artist Submission deadline has passed.
Mid Atlantic Arts engaged four Curatorial Advisors for the 2023-2024 Roster Artist selection process. Curatorial Advisors reviewed submissions to the Interest Form and had the option to recommend additional artists.