Welcoming both those organizations with little to no experience presenting jazz and seasoned jazz presenters seeking to strengthen programming, application occurs annually through an open, competitive process. Once selected, membership is ongoing upon meeting annual requirements.
JTN expands the presentation of jazz throughout the mid-Atlantic region while ensuring regional programming reflects the vibrancy and diversity of the current field of jazz. Members take part in professional development activities and work together to block-book a series of jazz tours each year.
Grant support range:
- Professional Development: Travel grant covering many expenses related to attendance at the Annual JTN Meeting
- Tours: Performance grants up to $3,000 not to exceed 50% of the fee for any given engagement
The Jazz Touring Network is made possible through the generous support of the National Endowment for the Arts’ Regional Engagement Program.
Eligibility and Schedule
To be eligible for JTN support, applicants must:
- be located in Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Virginia, West Virginia, and the Native nations that share this geography;
- be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a unit of state or local government or Federally recognized Indian tribal government;
- be in good standing with Mid Atlantic Arts, with no overdue or outstanding required reports and/or grant documents;
- have, at least, a three-year continuous history of offering multiple presentations by touring artists each season.
Review full program guidelines at the link below for more details on program structure and eligibility.
This is an annual opportunity. The deadline for the July 1, 2024-June 30, 2025 funding period was September 7, 2023.
- Application Opens: July 31, 2023
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2023
- Panel Review of Applications: September 2023
- Announcement of New JTN Members: September 2023
Guidelines and Application
The guidelines below are for information purposes only. Guidelines for the next membership application period will be posted in summer of 2024.
Arden Gild Hall
Ars Nova Workshop
Artvolution Cultural Innovation Project, Inc.- Modern Renaissance Jazz
Atlas Performing Arts Center
BlackRock Center for the Arts
Binghamton University – Anderson Center for the Performing Arts
Christina Cultural Arts Center
Cornell University – Cornell Concert Series
Flushing Town Hall
Frostburg State University – Cultural Events Series
Hamilton College – Performing Arts
Kente Arts Alliance
Kupferberg Center for the Arts at Queens College
Lake Placid Center for the Arts
Lake Placid, NY
Montgomery County Community College – Lively Arts
Blue Bell, PA
On Stage At Kingsborough
University of Richmond – Modlin Center for the Arts