Fee support is available for engagements of performing artists based anywhere worldwide. Engagements include performances as well as community activities that offer meaningful exchanges between touring artists and a presenter’s community.
Presenters based in partner states/jurisdictions listed above can receive up to 50% subsidy for the presentation of an artist/company plus support for other eligible project expenses.
Grant support range: Engagement support of up to 50% of artists fees. Minimum of $750. Maximum of $2,000 in DC, DE, and WV. Maximum of $5,000 in PR and USVI. Additionally, presenters may request eligible expenses of up to $2,000 to support direct project expenses.
The Special Presenter Initiatives are offered in partnership with the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (DCCAH), the Delaware Division of the Arts (DDOA), The Institute of Puerto Rican Culture (ICP), the Virgin Islands Council on the Arts (VICA), and the West Virginia Division of Culture and History (WVDCH).
Eligibility and Schedule
To be eligible for a Special Presenter Initiatives grant award, presenters must:
- be based in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia, and the Native nations that share this geography;
- be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a unit of state or local government or Federally recognized Indian tribal government;
- demonstrate organizational administrative capacity to complete all required project components;
- be in good standing with Mid Atlantic Arts at the time of application, with no overdue or outstanding required reports and/or grant documents;
- not be a State/Jurisdictional Arts Agency, considering the adjudication role Agencies play in the selection process for this program
Review full program guidelines for more details on program structure and eligibility.
- November 13, 2023: Application opens
- December 5, 2023; 1:00-2:00pm ET: Special Presenter Initiatives Webinar | Click here to register
- March 14, 2024: Application deadline
- July 1, 2024-June 30, 2025: Project period for projects awarded Special Presenter Initiatives funding
Guidelines and Application
The Special Presenter Initiatives 2024-2025 guidelines can be found below.
Note: The preview Special Presenter Initiatives narrative questions below are for reference only. Applicants must apply for Special Presenter Initiatives through Mid Atlantic Arts’ SmartSimple platform.