Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation Announces Over $245,000 in ArtsCONNECT Performing Arts Touring Grants
Baltimore – June 30, 2015 – Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation is pleased to announce 35 grants through its 2015-2016 ArtsCONNECT program. These grants will provide $245,180 in support of tours by nine performing artists and ensembles at 28 different performing arts presenters in the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Grantees include a mix of independent and university based presenters from urban, suburban and rural communities across the mid-Atlantic region. The grants, awarded directly to the presenting organizations, will support tours of:
- AXIS Dance Company – Physically integrated contemporary dance company
- Dorrance Dance – Contemporary tap dance ensemble
- Filter Theatre – British theatre ensemble
- Gravity & Other Myths – Australian acrobatic physical theatre ensemble
- Koresh Dance Company – Israeli-American contemporary dance company
- Leland Gantt – Solo theatre performance
- Magmanus Company – Contemporary Swedish circus company
- Riyaaz Qawwaii – Contemporary Qawwali music ensemble
- Toshiki Okada – Contemporary Japanese theatre ensemble
For more information on ArtsCONNECT, including grant awards, please click here. For specific performance dates and times, please contact the appropriate presenting organization.
Recommendations for support were made to the Foundation by the following panel of arts professionals:
- Michael Blachly, Director
University of Florida Performing Arts, Gainesville, FL
- Anna Glass, Independent Producer
New York, NY
- Chad Herzog, Director of the Performing Arts
Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA
- Margaret Lawrence, Director of Programming
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
ArtsCONNECT increases access to live performing arts engagements across the mid-Atlantic region through support for touring projects proposed by presenter consortia. In addition to public performances, each engagement includes complementary activities designed to foster greater appreciation for artists’ work, and offer meaningful exchanges between artists and the public. The program supports tours of exceptional artists involving all performing arts disciplines, including dance, music, theater, multi-disciplinary work, and folk/traditional arts.
ArtsCONNECT is made possible through the generous support of the National Endowment for the Arts Regional Touring Program.
About Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation develops partnerships and programs that reinforce artists’ capacity to create and present work, advance access to and participation in the arts, and promote a more sustainable arts ecology. For more information on the Foundation’s programs and services, please visit: www.midatlanticarts.org.