Individual Artist Fellowships provide funding to Delaware creative artists to fulfill needs that will allow them to advance in their careers.
The Fellowship program is administered in partnership with Mid Atlantic Arts, who identifies arts professionals to serve as potential jurors and administers the jurors’ reviews of the applications.
Grant support range: The Fellowship program provides competitive grants in three categories with monetary awards of $3,000, $6,000, and $10,000.
Eligibility and Schedule
*Please review the guidelines for other requirements and for discipline specific information
- Must be a resident of Delaware for at least one year at the time of application. A legal resident possesses a valid Delaware driver’s license or DMV-issued identification card and files state income taxes in Delaware as a full-year resident. All awards are subject to verification of Delaware residency.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Must remain a Delaware resident during the grant period (January 1 – December 31, 2023).
- Students currently enrolled in a degree or certificate-granting educational program at the time of application are ineligible.
- Any recipient of a Masters Fellowship is ineligible.
- Fellowship recipients who have received an award within the past three years (FY2021, FY2022, and FY2023) are ineligible to apply in the Emerging or Established Professional categories.
This is an annual program.
We anticipate 2024 applications and guidelines will be available in late spring 2023 for the following categories:
- Dance: Choreography
- Folk Art: Music | Oral Literature | Visual Arts
- Jazz: Composition | Performance
- Literature: Creative Nonfiction | Fiction | Playwriting | Poetry
- Media Arts: Video/Film
- Music: Composition | Contemporary Performance (hip-hop, popular, R&B) | Solo Recital (classical)
- Visual Arts: Crafts | Interdisciplinary – Printmaking/Drawing/Book Arts | Painting | Photography | Sculpture | Works on Paper
Guidelines and Application
For more information about the program, guideline requirements, and a link to the online application system, please visit the Delaware Division of the Arts website.
Contact the Division
Questions should be directed to Roxanne Stanulis at 302-577-8283 or Roxanne.Stanulis@delaware.gov.