MAAF awards over 300 grants each year to artists and organizations that advance careers and help reach new audiences.
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation was established in 1979 to promote and support multi-state arts programming in a region that includes Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, the US Virgin Islands, Virginia, and West Virginia. Over the last 35 years, the Foundation has expanded its reach to include national and international initiatives. The Foundation’s work is focused on performing arts touring, jazz, independent film, support for individual artists, and international cultural exchange.
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation develops partnerships and programs that reinforce artists’ capacity to create and present work and advance access to and participation in the arts.
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation envisions a vital arts and cultural sector enriched by the movement of a vibrant and diverse environment of artists and arts organizations engaging audiences across geographic, artistic and institutional boundaries regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation believes that art is essential, that it has the power to transform individuals and communities, and in so doing helps define our society. Excellence, integrity, service, inclusion, and engagement are fundamental tenets of its commitment to the arts.
- Foster expanded access to the arts by connecting artists, communities and resources, and by exploring new forms of creative expression and methods of presentation.
- Provide leadership in the development and delivery of model programs and partnerships to address access, creation, presentation, and the expansion of markets for artists and their work.
- Provide resources, knowledge and connections to enable artists and organizations to build audiences and relationships, and to explore new approaches that enhance their operational and creative practice.
- Represent excellence and best practices in management and governance.
- MAAF administered 369 grants.
- MAAF awarded $1,742,209 million in direct grant support.
- Grants resulted in over 700 performances and 580 separate outreach activities.
- MAAF programs reached approximately 250,000 individuals
- More than 1,850 artists participated in Foundation programming.
Director of Operations
Grants and Operations Officer
Deputy Director, Programs
Program Officer, International
(Southern Exposure: Performing Arts of Latin America, USArtists International)
Program Officer, Performing Arts
(French-American Jazz Exchange, Jazz Touring Network)
Program Officer, Artist Fellowships and Visual Arts
(Creative Fellowships, On Screen/In Person, State Fellowships)
Program Officer, Performing Arts
(ArtsCONNECT, Mid Atlantic Tours, Special Presenter Initiatives)
Director of External Affairs
There are no openings at this time.
Internships at Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation (Baltimore, MD) provide a supervised learning environment to gain insight and experience in the field of nonprofit arts administration for graduate and undergraduate students as well as individuals who have recently completed their program of study.
For more details about the internship positions currently being offered and application instructions, please review the full position listings carefully PRIOR to submitting an application.
Please note: Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation interns are not considered eligible for any program administered by the Foundation for the duration of their internship.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following positions:
No applications are being accepted at this time. Position listings for the 2018 Summer Arts Administration Internships will be posted on Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation’s website no later than January 2018.